Amazingly self-indulgent post right here, but I realised something tonight: 2009 has been AWESOME so far. At least, it has been for me. Less than 30 days in, and already I’ve:
- visited, hiked along, took 288 photographs of, and ate the world’s best Gong Bao Ji Ding at, the Great Wall of China. Once in a lifetime, without a doubt.
- finally fulfilled my longstanding dream to see the Terracotta army
- had dinner at Cafe Sydney, which was amazing
- been to see Neil Young with my Dad and my brothers… We’ve got matching t-shirts to prove it
- been to see Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova in concert, one of the best I’ve ever attended
- made a really nice cake (if I do say so myself)
- succesfully moved my blog
- read four great books
- been treated to a new Ezra Klein Bloggingheads.tv episode
- discovered the awesome Frightened Rabbit CD
- cooked my very own Gong Bao Ji Ding AND found Szechwan peppercorns at the local supermarket for next time
- attended an awesome Belles Will Ring show at the Wharf theatre
- secured tickets to three different symphony performances through the year through their awesome $30 under 30 deal
- been accepted to do a Masters at the University of Sydney
- Witnessed the inauguration of Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States.
What a truly amazing month. And it STILL HAS TWO DAYS TO GO!!